Friday, January 3, 2014

Introductions!!

For those of you who don't know who I am or have just stumbled upon this blog, my name is Tiffany and I'm 21 years old. I am about to graduate college, and my two favorite hobbies are reading and knitting. So this blog has been created for the sole purpose of writing to my heart's content about my two passions, as well as comment about different things that really catch my fancy. My other blog, http://smallwords-bigworld.blogspot.com/ was kind of a flop in my eyes, because I got caught up by college and was (and still am, in different aspects) stressed out about a lot of things. I hope that this blog can be a place for me to destress and to really talk about the things I love.

In lieu of a proper introduction, here is a photo of me with one of my projects: EXTERMINATE!! (pattern isn't mine). I also don't take a lot of pictures of myself, but I'll try harder maybe for this blog.


I'm also toying around with the idea of using this blog to post about really important life events, instead of facebook, because at the core of it, I'm a writer and I really write best about the things that I care about and that impact my life and the lives of others.

Some more about me: The degree I will be getting in the spring is a Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology and English Literature. I might have mentioned this before, but I LOVE BOOKS AND I LOVE READING. So much reading, so little time. I have a basic knowledge of the Arabic alphabet and language. I also love getting mail, hence one of my old hobbies of Postcrossing (an online postcard exchange project) before it got taken over by my love of craftiness and making things. Want to know more about Postcrossing? Find out how awesome it is here.

I've been knitting for almost two years, and have honed my skill to the point where I've started making my own patterns. My favorite item to make are hats, so you'll probably be seeing a lot about hats in the near future! I've also made a sweater in the past.
 
Also one of my proudest moments as a crafty person. Came out great!
So to wrap it all up, this blog will be about my adventures in the world of patterning, reading, and you know, just life. And stuff. I think most of all it's going to be about not stifling myself when writing, because I have a bad habit of being super critical of what I'm writing. So be excited!

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT I CAN'T EVEN
Stay warm, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment